10 Best Musical instrument tuning app free in 2022 – 2023
Instruments are some of the most versatile tools globally. Still, they often require tuning and fine-tuning to ensure they are playing correctly and on key. When musicians and performers don’t have access to professionals who can help them with their instruments, It can also be impossible to tell whether they need to tune their gear or focus on playing themselves effectively. The following list of the top 10 best musical instrument tuning apps will help you decide which apps are the best for you, whatever your instrument of choice may be!
1: Smart Ears
This app can help you hear what your instrument should sound like. You can play a video or record audio from your phone and then have it analyzed. It will give you detailed feedback about what notes to tune, how far off they are, and how many beats per minute your tempo is.
Unlike some apps that make you pay for each upgrade, Smart Ears gives you many useful features when you download it at no cost. For example, suppose you’re playing an instrument with multiple strings (like a guitar). In that case, it will show their relative tunings so that if one column is sharp compared to others, it’s easy to tell which one needs tuning.
- Monitor Listening: Track your daily listening time and get reminders to avoid listening over safe volume levels.
- Know When to Listen: Hear real-time ear safety level measurements while listening.
- Safe Volume Level: Set personalized maximum volume levels for each musical instrument and track safe listening hours per day or week. You can also set limits by age if desired.
2: Tuner X – Natural Sound Guitar, Bass & Violin TunerTuner
This free app gets top marks for its efficient and straightforward design. It can tune almost any stringed instrument, including electric guitar and bass, and acoustic instruments such as violin, viola and cello. This is a highly accurate tuner, so you can use it to tune your instruments before concerts or band practice.
You can also adjust the tempo while tuning to ensure you get it right. The natural sound tuning mode features authentic sounds generated directly from your smartphone’s microphone without audio output. You don’t need an expensive microphone or amplifier to use it effectively.
- Tunes guitar, bass & violin, six tuning modes
- Tuner X is an accurate audio tuner
- Vibrate when the match (sweep) is close to the target pitch
- Free and easy to use. No confusing settings!
- Get results FAST with our unique Virtual Tone Match technology.
- Just play a note or chord and watch for it to turn green.
3: Chromatic tuner
This simple chromatic tuner provides accurate tuning for various stringed instruments. It will show you both note names and frequency when playing and give visual and audio feedback for your tuning. It can even keep track of how well you’re playing concerning your target pitch so that it can help train your ear if desired. While there are better options on Android, it’s one of our favourites among iOS apps.
- This can be used by musicians, guitarists, pianists, or even producers. It also has three modes: microphone mode, camera mode, and strobe mode.
- You can also change your pitch according to a piano keyboard, making it more convenient when you need to tune instruments with different angles, such as violin or flute.
- The app also features a sound out, which allows you to hear the sound being played while tuning an instrument.
4: LoopStack (Audio Looper)
You know how valuable extra tracks can be if you’re a musician. LoopStack gives you those tracks with an easy—to—use interface, including drums, bass, guitars, and keyboards. LoopStack has a stunning range of samples that could provide your next hit song (in your head or otherwise) for other musicians who aren’t interested in creating entire tracks themselves.
After spending some time adding loops to a piece of existing music or building new songs from Scratch, it’s easy to lose track of what works and what doesn’t. LoopStack takes advantage of its high-quality production by allowing users to record their vocals over loops to keep their original tunes while maintaining high sound quality and preventing distracting background noise.
- LoopStack is one of my favourite music loopers, thanks to its extensive library with variety and high-quality sounds.
- This makes it easy to find loops that match any song style.
- It also comes with several music theory tools that help you explore new instruments, genres, and other players’ styles.
- The app comes with an all-in-one approach allowing users to control individual tracks in a powerful editing module.
- All controls are accessible from an intuitive interface. You can easily combine different instruments and mix them without difficulty or delay.
5: Sound Control – Equalizer & Audio Amplifier Pro
Equalizer & Audio Amplifier. Control music using your phone’s built-in microphone and adjust audio coming from your device’s speakers, headphones or earphones. Adjust the sound to improve hearing, reduce noise or save battery by lowering volume.
Fix buzzing, whistling and humming sounds by making subtle adjustments to create a better sound experience in minutes. The audio equalizer app works on all stereo audio speakers or set high-quality playback for the best listening experience on Bluetooth / NFC speakers and headsets. Helps fix sound problems with PC, laptops, car stereos etc., when using PC speakers or poor quality cheap headphones.
- Don’t look beyond Sound Control – Equalizer & Audio Amplifier Pro if you’re in the mood to tune your musical instrument.
- Unlike other tuning apps, it comes with an easy UI that lets you do so in a brief period.
- Also, it is an equalizer app and provides its users access to all popular free music channels.
- It also has no advertisements or annoying pop-ups that might create difficulty while tuning.
- Its premium version adds various new features such as scanning mobile phones for any problems related to audio quality and many more like recording features etc.
6: Beat Slicer
If you’re familiar with Scratch, that’s essentially what Beat Slicer is. It’s a visual editor, much like a digital loom. Please select 32 beats, loops, or parts and then join them by drawing links. A goal is to make a continuous pattern. You can also loop those certain styles and export them as video/audiovisuals.
It offers music production tools such as beat repeat and layer mode—and it also has extensive sound libraries. Slicer: If you’re familiar with Scratch, that’s essentially what Beat Slicer is. It’s a visual editor, much like a digital loom. Please select 32 beats, loops, or parts and then join them by drawing links.
- Beat slicer lets you slice beats up into smaller parts, usually 8th notes or 16th notes.
- You can then export each part to your computer as a new audio file and do whatever you want (use it in another project, import it into a different beat slicer session, etc.).
- This is powerful if you want to layer your beats with multiple synths/samples/loops.
- For example, if you’re using an 808 drum kit but want to use chopped-up 808 samples in various parts across your track.
- The result is more customizable than a regular sampler instrument (like Kontakt). Every note has fixed position and length parameters that aren’t adjustable once saved.
7: PocketGuitar II – Guitar for Android & iOS
4.5 Stars – 23,508 RatingsAndroid: 4.5 Stars 8,608 RatingsPrice: Free with in-app purchases. This app lets you learn how to play guitar or improve your skills, and it features a total of 29 instruments so you can play any music or genre that you like.
In addition to having various tuning options, users can also use their mobile device’s built-in microphone or external microphones for feedback control and monitoring when using PocketGuitar II for learning guitar online. The app also has an integrated video tutorial library where users can learn beginner chords and tabs and advanced chord variations and how to apply them in a real-life situation.
- PocketGuitar II – guitar tuner is a simple but comprehensive application which allows you to tune your instrument and play along to your favourite tracks.
- It’s not only easy and convenient but also completely free.
- You can download it from the Play Market for Android or App Store for iOS.
- Its basic design is quite simple: there are no complex settings or music sheets – all you have to tap on keys at the bottom to change notes and listen to is how they sound.
8: Magic Piano
Magic Piano (free) is a neat app that brings a real piano into your living room. You can learn to play and sing or play around on a virtual piano. You can create music with Magic Piano as you’re tapping on keys and seeing them light up in response.
The app will help you and offers plenty of options for different instruments, including drums and guitar. It may not be practical if you want to use it while tuning an actual piano, but it’s still pretty neat. They are many other apps similar to Magic Piano available for free in Play Store.
- Magic Piano for Android features a robust set of features that make it a great musical instrument tuning app.
- The piano has 88 full-sized keys, and you can adjust its pitch to fit your personal needs and preferences.
- You can choose from different instruments to add variety to your playing, whether you’re on an airplane or want to expand your musical repertoire.
- Magic Piano is free, which might be surprising considering how many different instruments and other tools it has in its arsenal.
- You can even change scales in Magic Piano if you’d like some variation when working on specific musical skills.
9: Sequenciator Pro III
Sequenciator Pro III – Music Arranger Software For iPad With Realtime Orchestra Sounds are the backbone of any actual music. Any composer, songwriter, or producer worth their salt knows that getting the right sound can make or break a track. And while you might be a whiz on your instrument, you probably don’t have the time or budget to hire a full orchestra to back you up.
That’s where the Sequenciator Pro III comes in. This music arranging software brings the sounds of a full orchestra right to your iPad. With the Sequenciator, you can import any loops or sounds you’ve created or use the built-in sample library to create something new. A full orchestra is just a click away, with the ability to control various aspects of the instrument such as pitch, timing, volume, effects, and more.
Key features of
- The Sequenciator Pro III Music Arranger Software for iPad is designed to help you transfer your songs from your head to your iPad and record them professionally.
- All you need is to plug your instrument into your iPad and start recording.
- The app comes with real-time orchestra sounds and has a feature to edit your song with the help of a real-time displayed piano roll.
- Its inbuilt metronome helps you in keeping the rhythm in check.
- The app allows you to share your song directly on social media.
10: Beat Maker Studio HD
Beat Maker Studio HD is a beat-making app for the iPhone and iPad that will blow your mind. It’s a complete, professional mobile music recording studio. It comes with a ton of virtual instruments and effects. You can record your music, download and share songs other musicians have made, and more. I presume that’s one of the best apps available because I use it.
- Beat Maker Studio HD is a music-making app for all the music producers
- artists and DJs out there who want to create their music.
- Beat Maker Studio HD comes with over 40 instruments
- 10+ high-quality drum sets
- 30+ different effects and a built-in mixer
- allowing you to produce your music tracks and beats.
- You can download Beat Maker Studio HD on your Android or iOS device.
Our list of the best musical instrument tuning apps. It’s always interesting to see how many different apps there are and how many of them can do the same job. We’re looking forward to seeing more apps that can help musicians with their tuning needs in the future.